Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro systematticaly record midi region on audio track

hi, i use logic pro for recording audio instrument,

i have trouble with the selected track

logic pro systematticaly record a midi region on the audio track selected,

how can i fix that and get back to normal behavior ? (recording audio region on an audio track selected)

best regards

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 4:04 PM

“Logic Pro

automatically armed selected track for recording”. For example I explain: When

you use hardware to drive logic pro in you recording sessions, Logic Pro creates

midi event on the selected audio track:  to

be real professional, Logic Pro Should have a way to cancel the function “automatically

record selected track”.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 4:04 PM in response to Radarhus

“Logic Pro

automatically armed selected track for recording”. For example I explain: When

you use hardware to drive logic pro in you recording sessions, Logic Pro creates

midi event on the selected audio track:  to

be real professional, Logic Pro Should have a way to cancel the function “automatically

record selected track”.

Jan 10, 2022 11:30 AM in response to Logic1974

Could you check the MIDI region's info in the Event List, please? For that, select the MIDI region in question and then click List Editors button (red arrow) in the top-right corner of Logic's window, then choose Event tab (orange arrow, see screenshot below). What does it show?

From what you describe, Logic might be adding some MIDI data to your audio track while you're recording. It is quite normal when it receives, say, Control Change (CC) events via MIDI while recording to selected track, even if it's an audio track.

You can open up a Custom view of Logic's transport bar display to monitor whether it receives incoming MIDI data when you're recording (see the 2nd screenshot below).

Jan 9, 2022 2:21 PM in response to Logic1974

Could you please tell a bit more about what are you trying to do and how? Are you recording both audio and MIDI parts at the same time? What gear is connected to your Mac when you're recording?

Also, if you could indicate which version of Logic do you use, that might help pinpoint the issue. Perhaps, it's a known bug specific to that particular version.

Jan 12, 2022 8:10 AM in response to Logic1974

Selecting a track does automatically record-enable it (i.e. the "R" letter on the button turns red), but to arm it for actual recording you have to click on the "R" button, so that the button itself turns bright red and starts blinking. Unless what's happening in your case is indeed selected tracks being armed for recording.

In addition, regarding the original question, you could explore settings in: File > Project Settings > MIDI > Input Filter tab. It allows you to set up filtering off certain incoming MIDI data when recording. However, you'll still need to find out what kind of MIDI information gets through when you're recording your audio.

logic pro systematticaly record midi region on audio track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.