Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When stoping playback, delay and reverb fade too quickly

I'm making ambient music and using very long delay and reverb times. I used to be able to stop playback and hear the effects continue to delay and reverberate, which I need. At some point something changed and now when I stop playback, the effects fade out in just a second or so. Is there any way to set it so that the effects keep going? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 3:20 PM

I just realized this only happens with INSERT effects, when using time based effects on a SEND it does not. One solution here is to just use sends instead! And I think that is an acceptable solution. Thanks again for the assistance!

6 replies

Jan 10, 2022 11:50 AM in response to Radarhus

Hi, thanks, so I made a new file with Logic's own plugins to demonstrate, nothing on the master bus, and still having the issue. It's just an audio file with delay and reverb, the delay feedback and reverb time are maxed out. During playback the effects are very dense and go on forever. When I hit stop, they fade out in just a few seconds which is what I'm trying to resolve. Thank you!

Jan 10, 2022 9:31 AM in response to korgadget

Hi, there might be a master effect that's affecting the FX tails. You could try disabling insert effects on the master track one by one to identify the potential culprit. If there are no FX on the master, then try describing your project a bit more, perhaps even provide a few screenshots: e.g. of the Main window and Mixer with all track channel strips producing audio output visible.

Jan 10, 2022 2:29 PM in response to Radarhus

Hi, thanks for the idea. When I have the track record enabled I hear the effects on the input, and when playing back the audio file, but when I stop playback the effects cut off immediately this time instead of going for a few seconds.

Kind of curious, on your computer when you have a very long reverb decay and stop playback, does it play the full tail? I'm wondering if this is just the way Logic is designed. I did scour the preferences and didn't see anything pertaining to it. Thanks again.

When stoping playback, delay and reverb fade too quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.