Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud backup

so i got a new phone and i haven’t backed up my iphone in a while, and so i went into the settings and backed up my iphone. however, it keeps giving me a number of days before it deletes my icloud backup. so does that mean that it’s going to delete everything off of my phone? how can i stop it from deleting my icloud backup?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 11:42 AM

That sounds like you are using the new temporary storage feature. See: Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You may be able to free up some of your iCloud storage by deleting backups of previous devices that you no longer own. See: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Or you may need to buy more storage. See: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 11:42 AM in response to ilikecookies_4

That sounds like you are using the new temporary storage feature. See: Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You may be able to free up some of your iCloud storage by deleting backups of previous devices that you no longer own. See: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Or you may need to buy more storage. See: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.