Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

warranty period shorter than 1 year

I bought a new pair of AirPods last week. After pairing them with my iPhone I noticed that the warranty period ends much earlier than it should be (about 2 months earlier). Does this mean that someone has already used these AirPods?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:17 AM

Yes, they were in an original, sealed box. I bought it from a big store for electronic products. I am just wondering how Apple determine the start of warranty period. I bought the AirPods on Jan. 8th. After pairing them with my iPhone, i can see the limited warranty from Apple expires on 19.11.2022, which is almost 2m shorter than 1 year. That’s why I am thinking if someone has already used it before.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 9:17 AM in response to sberman

Yes, they were in an original, sealed box. I bought it from a big store for electronic products. I am just wondering how Apple determine the start of warranty period. I bought the AirPods on Jan. 8th. After pairing them with my iPhone, i can see the limited warranty from Apple expires on 19.11.2022, which is almost 2m shorter than 1 year. That’s why I am thinking if someone has already used it before.

Jan 11, 2022 9:44 AM in response to sberman

Thank you for being patient with me. I did not answer immediately if it is an “authorized apple retailer” because i could not find this exactly wording. But since you mentioned this the major question, I checked the apple website, and the shop is listed as sales location for apple products (pls refer to the screenshot). Does this count as “authorized Apple retailer”?

Besides i noticed that the reply has been recommended by Apple, maybe someone from apple can also answer my question directly: how Apple determine the start of warranty period?

warranty period shorter than 1 year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.