Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade to latest Safari

I have safari 11.1 on my iMac 2015 it says no updates available wen i go to the app store how do i upgrade to get the latest version of safari?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:14 PM

Safari is upgraded when you upgrade the operating system on your iMac.

A late 2015 or later can be upgraded to the current version of Monterey macOS 12. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212735

7 replies

Jan 10, 2022 9:10 AM in response to Maggiemaydog

This question is posted dozens of times every day. The way Safari is updated is by upgrading your computer's software. An upgrade is when you install a newer OS version, such as upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. An update is to install a newer version of the same operating system. The reason for this is because Safari is installed as part of the operating system. It cannot normally be individually installed. Incidentally, a newer version of Safari does not always work with every web site. Sometimes it is necessary to install another browser such as Firefox or one of the many browsers available from the Apple App Store to use with certain web sites. They are individually installed and upgraded.

So, the latest Safari version is installed when you upgrade the OS on your iMac. You can check the model year of your iMac under the Apple menu > About This Mac.

Feb 4, 2022 3:23 PM in response to FoxFifth

Hi again. So I successfully downloaded the Monterey OS and I kept getting a message saying that my Mac can’t connect to iCloud because there’s a problem with my acct. so a suggestion was to sign out of Apple ID and then sign back in. Now I can’t get back in. I changed my PW, and it allows me to put it in, but then goes right back the sign in step.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

How to upgrade to latest Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.