Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I plug my Apple 7 charger into? I know it sounds dumb, but my charger does not have a usb on the end.

What do I plug my new Apple 7 watch charger into? I know it sounds dumb, but my charger does not have a usb on the end.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 9:31 PM

Edit: I didn't realize there was another answer.

You'll need a USB-C power adapter for your Series 7 charging cable. The old cables have USB-A plugs, so the power adapters that worked for them will not work for the new cable.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MHJA3AM/A/20w-usb-c-power-adapter

3 replies

Jan 9, 2022 7:15 PM in response to Bjones8915

Your new watch charger cable is USB. It's USB C, which is becoming the world standard. If you don't have a USB C Charging plug, you could use the previous Apple Watch charger if you had an Apple Watch previously. You could use a modern computer with USB C input. If you have nothing you can use, Apple, Best Buy and Amazon all sell USB C Charging plugs. To take advantage of Fast Charging, you'll want a 20w USB C plug. The Anker Nano 20w USB C plug sold by Best Buy is highly rated and costs about $16. The Apple plug costs about $20. And there are loads of options on Amazon, including the Anker Nano plug.

What do I plug my Apple 7 charger into? I know it sounds dumb, but my charger does not have a usb on the end.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.