Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn OFF two step authentication?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 11:09 PM

If activated - and you seem to have it activated - you cannot turn it off.

See Apple's support document here under the paragraph Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

where is says:

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 11:09 PM in response to eryck151

If activated - and you seem to have it activated - you cannot turn it off.

See Apple's support document here under the paragraph Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

where is says:

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.

Jan 28, 2022 10:01 AM in response to eryck151

I was sent the two stage verification email on 5th January 2022. it was very unclear and I did not understand the implications. What the email failed to say is that my icloud account on my MacBook Pro would stop working. I thought the problem was with the Wifi which was also crashing regularly. I now realise that I only had until the 19th January to reject the 2 step. This is a breach of contract under UK law. You made a change with an unreasonable deadline to reject new tems, and failed to explain what would happen.

The other problem is that the authentication system asks "allow" from a location in Liverpool or Perth - so I thought this is a scammer right? After time on countless fora & I understood it was Apple Grrrr.. and followed this 2 step, it did not work either. Well played. Perhaps I should now dump you and set up a non Apple account? You do have competition.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.