Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help deleting apps

I have some apps on my MacBook that will not delete! I try to click and drag them to the bin and they just bounce back. I've tried everything and they will not go away! How do I force them to delete?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:06 AM

Need_all_the_help_I_can_get wrote:

I have some apps on my MacBook that will not delete! I try to click and drag them to the bin and they just bounce back. I've tried everything and they will not go away! How do I force them to delete?

Knowing what specific application(s) in particular might help here...

• macOS built in apps can not be deleted from the macOS...
  • Did you look for an in-app Uninstaller...?
  • Third party applications did you refer to the Developers website for Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility:

Contact a third party vendor

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201777

How to uninstall apps on your Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 9:06 AM in response to Need_all_the_help_I_can_get

Need_all_the_help_I_can_get wrote:

Knowing what specific application(s) in particular might help here...

• macOS built in apps can not be deleted from the macOS...
  • Did you look for an in-app Uninstaller...?
  • Third party applications did you refer to the Developers website for Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility:

Contact a third party vendor

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201777

How to uninstall apps on your Mac

Need help deleting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.