Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop autoplay of trailers above the icons, or even insensitive posters for young viewers

When you move the cursor onto an app in the apple tv menu like Netflix or apple tv itself, it starts to play a trailer for the latest movie or tv show. Which I don't want, there's no need to be forcing content on us especially right there. The Netflix app shows the last thing you watched which is helpful if youre watching a tv show but I have young children and as the tv might be on but not playing content some unsuitable shows have started playing if you select the appletv app. I walked into the room to see a violent horror scene playing in the background above the apple tv logo, which was incredibly shocking to my kids. It was their tv time and they were waiting for cartoons to be put on. This is unacceptable and unnecessary. Thousands of us had to fight with Netflix to allow us the option of re-adding the feature to turn off autoplay trailers while you're scrolling for content, why are companies trying to force us to watch things?

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 2:58 AM

Ok found it, for anyone who needs it, the key word I needed was "previews" not trailers. It's in the settings under Accessibility -> Motion -> Auto-Play Video Previews - off.

Similar questions

1 reply

Stop autoplay of trailers above the icons, or even insensitive posters for young viewers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.