Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 7 - Iwatch screen - cloudy

I just purchased the Iwatch series 7 and noticed when you are on the screen where you enter your passcode it's cloudy looking - I took a picture. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 9:53 PM

I had the same problem and have just returned from the Genius bar. This sounds a bit strange, but try changing your Watch face. I was using the Solar one. When I changed my watch face the problem went away. Even though this is clearly a software issue and doesn't fix the problem permanently (i.e I tried unpairing, and re-pairing as a new watch as soon as I got home and the problem was still there with the solar face), I'm happy that it's not affecting any other functionality, so I couldn't be bothered to send my watch in to Apple to be looked at further. I daresay if emough people get this problem there will be a software update in due course. I would be interested to know which watch face you are using, just in case there are other faces out there with the same issue (i.e other than solar), so would be grateful if you could let me know...

by the way mine is a series 6 watch. The guy at the genius bar tried to reproduce the problem on his series 5, but he didn't have the clouding on the solar face.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 9:53 PM in response to MrsH1214

I had the same problem and have just returned from the Genius bar. This sounds a bit strange, but try changing your Watch face. I was using the Solar one. When I changed my watch face the problem went away. Even though this is clearly a software issue and doesn't fix the problem permanently (i.e I tried unpairing, and re-pairing as a new watch as soon as I got home and the problem was still there with the solar face), I'm happy that it's not affecting any other functionality, so I couldn't be bothered to send my watch in to Apple to be looked at further. I daresay if emough people get this problem there will be a software update in due course. I would be interested to know which watch face you are using, just in case there are other faces out there with the same issue (i.e other than solar), so would be grateful if you could let me know...

by the way mine is a series 6 watch. The guy at the genius bar tried to reproduce the problem on his series 5, but he didn't have the clouding on the solar face.

Series 7 - Iwatch screen - cloudy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.