Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caller I’d name change when I call people it shows my name instead of my dads name

Caller I’d name change when I call people it shows my dads name instead of my name how do I change it from my dads name To my name how can I change it to my name

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 12:52 PM

scarlit131 wrote:

I’m completely locked out of my phone

What are the error messages or diagnostics shown for this case?

Is this a forgotten passcode, maybe?

If so, tap or click ➡️ If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you’re on iOS 15.2: How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 12:52 PM in response to scarlit131

scarlit131 wrote:

I’m completely locked out of my phone

What are the error messages or diagnostics shown for this case?

Is this a forgotten passcode, maybe?

If so, tap or click ➡️ If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you’re on iOS 15.2: How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Jan 10, 2022 12:50 PM in response to scarlit131

scarlit131 wrote:

Caller I’d name change when I call people it shows my dads name instead of my name how do I change it from my dads name To my name how can I change it to my name

If your calls to other people are showing as someone else, that’s either a mix-up,in their contact info, or information provided by the carrier.

Your iPhone and your contacts settings do not effect the caller ID info shown to other people.

If it were possible to change what is shown, we’d all be overrun with… creative… caller ID settings.

Check with the other folks’ contacts settings on their own phones, and also check with the carrier.

Caller I’d name change when I call people it shows my name instead of my dads name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.