Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 7 upgrade

Hi,

I bought Logic pro 7 before moving house quite a few years ago and now, finally have room for my studio.

However, the system on my newer computer won't let me run Logic pro 7 saying it isn't supported for newer machines.

Will Apple allow me to upgrade to the new logic or will I have to pay for it all over again?

I have no idea how to upgrade it without buying it again... there doesn't appear to be the option to do that! Any ideas anyone?

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 4:00 PM

But from Logic Pro 8 onwards the upgrades were free?

Nope. One still had to pay to upgrade to 9. But since Logic Pro X was released, the approach changed: users pay $199 once and upgrades are free (so far).

4 replies

Jan 10, 2022 10:56 AM in response to wardofrays

Actually, if I understand you correctly, you'd have had to pay to upgrade to a newer version of Logic, anyway. Let's say, if you wanted to go from 7 to 8 or 9 about a decade ago, that would've cost you more than buying a current version of Logic Pro X for $200 now.

That being said, the answer to your question is no, unfortunately. However, you could still keep and use Logic 7, if you like. You'll just need a Mac running a legacy version of OSX. Or, in case your new Mac is powerful enough, you may run a legacy OSX version in a virtual machine. There are images of installation DVD for OSX Snow Leopard available to download online (if you ask folks in OSX / macOS discussions, they might point you in the right direction).

Logic Pro 7 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.