Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create drop down list with auto pricing

Hello,

I'm looking to make a pricelist with dropdown menu in numbers, so far so good.

I have a problem to connect the dropdown items to a price.

do you have a solutions for this?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:12 AM

Numbers does not have a feature called "dropdown menu." It does have a data format called Pop-Up Menu. Is that what you mean?

Go to Help > Numbers Help in your menu and search for 'pop-up menu'.

The values in a pop-up menu cannot be linked to values in cells.

SG

2 replies

Jan 10, 2022 6:53 PM in response to NICKDR93

Hi Nick,

If you have a Price list, consisting of a list of items in one column and a list of your current price for each of those items in an adjacent column, you can use the item names in a popup menu cell to Lookup the item selected in the popup menu, and return the price recorded for it there.

Here's an example:

All data on the Price List table is entered directly.

The formula shown below Table 1 is entered as shown in cell B2 of Table 1, and filled down to the last row of that table.

Each cell in the body (rows 2 to 11) of Table 1 contains a copy of the same popup menu.

To create it, I entered the name of each item in the column in the order I wanted them to appear in the popup menu.

With all the items listed, selected all of the cells containing an item name, then opened the Format Inspector, selected Cell, then set the data format of the cell to Popup Menu.

Regards,

Barry

Create drop down list with auto pricing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.