Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a early 2013 macbook air. Will my old GarageBand files run on a new macbook air 2020 using GarageBand?

I have a early 2013 macbook air. Will my old GarageBand files run on a new macbook air 2020 using GarageBand?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 8:31 AM

If you are already using GarageBand 10 on macOS 11.6, your current projects should be compatible with macOS 12 on a new Mac. Just transfer your complete loop library and the instrument library to your new Mac. Don't make a clean install when you set up your new Mac but transfer everything from the old Mac to the new Mac using the Setup Assistant. Then all loops and sounds you collected over the years will remain available in the new GarageBand version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 8:31 AM in response to emo the honey hawk

If you are already using GarageBand 10 on macOS 11.6, your current projects should be compatible with macOS 12 on a new Mac. Just transfer your complete loop library and the instrument library to your new Mac. Don't make a clean install when you set up your new Mac but transfer everything from the old Mac to the new Mac using the Setup Assistant. Then all loops and sounds you collected over the years will remain available in the new GarageBand version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.