Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook 365 for Windows not accepting iCloud app-specific password (I have 2FA enabled).

I have iCloud for Windows installed on my laptop running Windows 11 and have it set up to integrate with Outlook. Apple hasn't yet figured out that you need to separately add an app-specific password to Outlook when setting up the iCloud integration for Outlook.

So, I went to appleid.apple.com to generate an app-specific password.

When I attempted to update the password in Outlook settings, I got an error message:

Retrying doesn't work.

I've not had this problem in the past. I went through the same thing on a different computer, but Outlook accepted the app-specific password from Apple without issue.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 3:08 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 11, 2022 9:54 PM in response to ASTRO24

It wasn't working without one. I had that problem a year ago and learned that I had to add an app-specific password for Outlook because I have 2FA. The iCloud integration didn't then allow for 2FA.

After recently reinstalling Windows and all my apps, and then setting up iCloud for Windows, I checked the "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars" option. It added everything to Outlook, but Outlook wouldn't connect to my iCloud mail account. So that's when I attempted to set up an app-specific password.

Strangely, mysteriously today when I opened Outlook, all my mail from iCloud was there. Something went wrong at some point before that, though.

Outlook 365 for Windows not accepting iCloud app-specific password (I have 2FA enabled).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.