Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my new 13 pro say "Last line no longer available Do you want to call using your remaining line?"

Why does my new 13 pro say "Last line no longer available. Do you want to call using your remaining line?" when I try to call out.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:43 PM

Did you have a previous device that had two lines on it. Contacts on those devices are set to a particular line in a two line phone. I'm not sure how the phone decides how to identify that line, if it has to do with just the number of if it has to do with an ID unique to the phone. Did you tell it yes about using the remaining line?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 7:43 PM in response to fernannw

Did you have a previous device that had two lines on it. Contacts on those devices are set to a particular line in a two line phone. I'm not sure how the phone decides how to identify that line, if it has to do with just the number of if it has to do with an ID unique to the phone. Did you tell it yes about using the remaining line?

Jan 12, 2022 12:02 PM in response to fernannw

Like I said to the other poster, I'm not sure either, but it seems that it does not happen to everyone. If you notice that it happens to a select number of contacts, you can always delete those particular contacts and then add them back again. But if it seems to be random, I would just choose the remaining line and let it go as nothing more than an inconvenience.

Jan 26, 2022 1:43 PM in response to fernannw

My wife had the same problem with her new iPhone 12. (New to her this last gift season). She tried calling some relatives and received the message "Last Line no Longer available...".

(1) In Contacts go to the particular contact involved. Select Edit (upper right corner of screen).

(2) On "Preferred Line" press arrow right. Preferred Line screen opens. Select Primary. ( The choices are Last Number or Primary. Last Number was checked. Check Primary to change to Primary.) Press Done (upper right corner). Screen for preferred Line closes.

(3) Now Press Done in the contact information screen.

This is clearing up the problem for my wife.

why does my new 13 pro say "Last line no longer available Do you want to call using your remaining line?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.