Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airdrop fails from mac to ipad

Hi,

I've come across this weird thing where when I try to airdrop something from my mac to my ipad I get a 'Failed'.

Thing is, when I try to airdrop something from my ipad to my mac it works perfectly and I can copy something on my mac and it'll paste on my ipad and same for the opposite.

My bluetooth is on, both devices are connected to the same wifi and I have restarted them both a bunch of times so I honestly don't know what the problem is.

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 11:10 PM

Hi confused_user, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

AirDrop is a very fast and reliable method of transferring files between devices and it looks like you have carried out the action that can resolve most issues e.g. restarting your iPad and in this case your other devices.

However, I wonder if you could check that your AirDrop setting on your iPad is not set to 'Receiving Off' as the iPad can still send via AirDrop but not receive if it is set to off. The following link may help:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204144

Although, you could go to Settings > General > AirDrop on your iPad.

Hope this helps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 11:10 PM in response to confused___user

Hi confused_user, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

AirDrop is a very fast and reliable method of transferring files between devices and it looks like you have carried out the action that can resolve most issues e.g. restarting your iPad and in this case your other devices.

However, I wonder if you could check that your AirDrop setting on your iPad is not set to 'Receiving Off' as the iPad can still send via AirDrop but not receive if it is set to off. The following link may help:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204144

Although, you could go to Settings > General > AirDrop on your iPad.

Hope this helps.

airdrop fails from mac to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.