You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The operation couldn't be completed error 13

I got a Mac from the company, but there was a previous user, so I added user and made a new account as Admin

the operation couldn't be completed error 13

The Apple Consulting Center said there seemed to be two admins, so I deleted the newly created account and asked to create a new account with Standard.

I still get the same error every time I turn on the mac.

What should I do? Anyone with the same symptoms please help

**macOS : Big Sur (11.5.2.)

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 2:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 2:59 AM

MIA_0207 wrote:

I got a Mac from the company, but there was a previous user, so I added user and made a new account as Admin

The Apple Consulting Center said there seemed to be two admins, so I deleted the newly created account and asked to create a new account with Standard.

Would suggest communicating with " The Company " " IT Departments " from whom you received the computer. They may have this computer Enrolled in a Mobile Digital Management Program.

If the computer is enrolled in a MDM - they control the computer and may have put Limits on what Types of Accounts can and can not be placed on this computer.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 2:59 AM in response to MIA_0207

MIA_0207 wrote:

Would suggest communicating with " The Company " " IT Departments " from whom you received the computer. They may have this computer Enrolled in a Mobile Digital Management Program.

If the computer is enrolled in a MDM - they control the computer and may have put Limits on what Types of Accounts can and can not be placed on this computer.

The operation couldn't be completed error 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.