Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting a page template

I modified a page within a template in Pages (11.2). Now I want to delete that modified page. Can I do that without deleting the entire template?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 1:37 PM

Open the template in Pages and remove the offending page. Then save it as a template again, this time, with a different name. When you are satisfied the revision is working, then you can open the Template Chooser, right-click on the original Template in My Templates and choose Delete from the pop-up menu.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 1:37 PM in response to gordoon

Open the template in Pages and remove the offending page. Then save it as a template again, this time, with a different name. When you are satisfied the revision is working, then you can open the Template Chooser, right-click on the original Template in My Templates and choose Delete from the pop-up menu.

Jan 12, 2022 2:36 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure how I remove the offending page. I had clicked on a page from the page templates, and then clicked on "edit page template". After editing, I clicked on Format-Advanced-Create page template from this page. So I had created a new page template, "Text with photo copy". When I realized I needed to make one further edit to the original page, I went through the same process. That produced another page, Text with photo copy copy". I just want to delete the first copy. Is that possible without going through your steps? If not, I'll just ignore the first copy.

Deleting a page template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.