Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search bar missing

I have macOS Monterey. When I open the music app and click on iTunes Store, there is no search bar to search for new music to purchase.

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 9:57 AM

After spending about 20 minutes on trying to find a )(*&$)(@*&# search bar, I had to do a combination of 3 things from 3 different suggestions. In their quest to sell Apple Music Subscriptions (hard NO from me) they make it nearly impossible to just buy a few songs once in a while. It's irritating to your users, Apple. Making things harder to buy just makes us buy them elsewhere.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 9:57 AM in response to dcexpress

After spending about 20 minutes on trying to find a )(*&$)(@*&# search bar, I had to do a combination of 3 things from 3 different suggestions. In their quest to sell Apple Music Subscriptions (hard NO from me) they make it nearly impossible to just buy a few songs once in a while. It's irritating to your users, Apple. Making things harder to buy just makes us buy them elsewhere.

Jan 12, 2022 10:39 AM in response to dcexpress

Hey there dcexpress,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. To verify, if you search for the music you want to buy first and then click on iTunes Store, does that work? Take a look at the info under “Buy music from the iTunes Store in the Apple Music app on your Mac” from this article for more info on this:

Buy music from the iTunes Store

Let us know. Take care.

Search bar missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.