Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone notes keep going blank

All the notes in the Notes app on my iPhone appear to still be there, but when I open them they are just a blank page and I can neither read them nor select/copy any text in them...

Force quiting Notes and restarting Notes seems to repopulate the notes again, but this has happened to my Notes 100's of times. It is really irritating to have to force quit the app and restart all the time.

Please fix this apparent bug!!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 4:47 AM

Seriously, Apple. This is ridiculous. Notes worked great for the first 6 or 7 years of its existence, but now it’s worse than a wet blanket draped over a cold child. I’m darn sure you know how to fix this problem. Millions of people have experienced this ineptitude for years now, and reported it.

Fix the darn problem!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 4:47 AM in response to tlagestee

Seriously, Apple. This is ridiculous. Notes worked great for the first 6 or 7 years of its existence, but now it’s worse than a wet blanket draped over a cold child. I’m darn sure you know how to fix this problem. Millions of people have experienced this ineptitude for years now, and reported it.

Fix the darn problem!

Apr 1, 2022 10:56 AM in response to tlagestee

Yup, mine as well. I use iphone 13 mini and a frequent user of Notes. This blank note happens when I open the note (already written one), and I let the note to open for a while as I need to make adjustment to the note. When i want to type the note, poof! Suddenly the page turns blank! I have no blank notes issue on my iphone 6s, only on this 13 mini. Hmm!

Apr 5, 2022 11:53 AM in response to tlagestee

I fixed my problem with my iPhone notes going blank. Well, it's not a real fix. It's a workaround. Apparently there's a bug with the dark theme versus the light theme. If you are using the dark theme and your notes disappear, change to the light theme and Bam they are back. It's like the font color doesn't reverse properly. Apple, please fix this.

My iPhone notes keep going blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.