Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime in Monterey LOUD pops, no other audio

I just updated my Mac Pro (late 2013) to Monterey. Everything seems like it's fine, except when I just tried to have a FaceTime call, there was a truly jarringly loud pop every second or so instead of the sound from the other end.

They could hear me perfectly fine, but I couldn't hear them. And the popping sound was shockingly loud.

My speakers are working fine otherwise. I tried switching the audio output to headphones and got the same result.

Bummer. Please help!

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 7:58 AM

No idea what was wrong or why this worked, but I opened the Audio Midi Setup and changed all my outputs from 16-bit to 24-bit, and that seems to have solved it. Even still works now turning back to 16-bit. No idea, but hope this helps somebody who runs into a similar/same issue!

1 reply

FaceTime in Monterey LOUD pops, no other audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.