Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make Finder show me all the tags for a file in column view while I'm entering them?

I'm on a 2020 M1 Mac mini 8GB running Monterrey 12.1 (21C52).

I like to tag photos and pictures on the fly via Finder, but it becomes difficult when the tags space at the bottom of the column view partially disappears and the scroll bar won't go any further down to see them all.

I've had this problem for literally years, but tonight I started to get a little testy. I want to add a wide range of tags to the scanned image, but it is difficult to do when I can't see if I'm spelling important tags in French correctly.

Please note the screenshot. Is there a preference or trick to force Finder to let me see everything including the tags from within the Finder window itself?

I like going right into the Finder window as it is faster than using extra keystrokes to get info or open in Preview.

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 3:55 PM

Okay, I feel like a colossal idiot.

Right after I posted the question, I discovered my own answer by chance. The little blue phrase "Show Less" is the answer. Please note the highlighted phrase.

All this time I was grousing for nothing. Definitely egg on my face.

Similar questions

1 reply

How do I make Finder show me all the tags for a file in column view while I'm entering them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.