Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam Email

I accidentally fell for a scam email. It was a purchase for a game of $89 and it said click here to cancel and I did. All I did was input my Apple ID and password nothing else. But then I quickly realized it was scam and changed my password will i be okay???

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 5:18 PM

You should be okay. If you are still concerned, change your Apple ID email address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 5:18 PM in response to ValeriaGallegosTamayo

You should be okay. If you are still concerned, change your Apple ID email address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Scam Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.