Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook stuck loading on the apple

Hi, my macbook is stuck on the apple and progress bar. I turned off and back on several times. Will not go past this point. Please help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 5:55 PM

jazzyjaydavis Said:

"macbook stuck loading on the apple: Hi, my macbook is stuck on the apple and progress bar. I turned off and back on several times. Will not go past this point. Please help!"

-------

Four Things to Try:

A. Re-Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

B. Seeing your Your Hard Drive is Failing:

Run First Aid and see if things are fixed.

1. Boot: into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [command + R] upon boot)
  2. Select: Disk Utility
  3. Select: each Volume
  4. Click: First Aid button

C. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Mac only) Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Wi-Fi) become corrupted, in the meanwhile. So, reset both on your Mac. See where it goes from there. It’s worth a go.

D. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 5:55 PM in response to jazzyjaydavis

jazzyjaydavis Said:

"macbook stuck loading on the apple: Hi, my macbook is stuck on the apple and progress bar. I turned off and back on several times. Will not go past this point. Please help!"

-------

Four Things to Try:

A. Re-Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

B. Seeing your Your Hard Drive is Failing:

Run First Aid and see if things are fixed.

1. Boot: into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [command + R] upon boot)
  2. Select: Disk Utility
  3. Select: each Volume
  4. Click: First Aid button

C. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Mac only) Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Wi-Fi) become corrupted, in the meanwhile. So, reset both on your Mac. See where it goes from there. It’s worth a go.

D. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

macbook stuck loading on the apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.