Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my phone in the toilet now my Face ID don’t work but my camera looks fine

I dropped my old iPhone 8 in the toilet before and it jus fogged my camera up for a day and went back to normal but when I drop my iPhone 11 in the toilet my Face ID just stops working but my phone is supposed to be water resistant right?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 8:57 PM

1. iPhone 11 is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

per https://support.apple.com/kb/SP804?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

water resistance is different from water proof.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 8:57 PM in response to Briannajp

1. iPhone 11 is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

per https://support.apple.com/kb/SP804?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

water resistance is different from water proof.

Jan 11, 2022 9:15 PM in response to Briannajp

Briannajp Said:

"I dropped my phone in the toilet now my Face ID don’t work but my camera looks fine: I dropped my old iPhone 8 in the toilet before and it jus fogged my camera up for a day and went back to normal but when I drop my iPhone 11 in the toilet my Face ID just stops working but my phone is supposed to be water resistant right?"

-------

Whoops!

Troubleshooting a Wet iPhone:

Take it to a Retailer:

The only inexpensive way I can think of(an it will cost money) is to take it to a retailer, seeing if they have a device that gets the water out of a phone. Retailers have these.

I dropped my phone in the toilet now my Face ID don’t work but my camera looks fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.