You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby Vision flicker

I have a gen1 AppleTV 4K using 18Gbps HDMI cable. When viewing Dolby Vision content, dark areas of the screen flicker.

This issue has been present on AppleTV 4k units since at least August of 2020. It can be temporarily fixed with a reboot of the AppleTV, but the issue inevitably returns.

Will there be a fix for this anytime soon?

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 1:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 4:09 AM

Verify your video settings.

See: What are the correct settings in order to watch 4k content using Apple TV 4K? - Apple Community

Will there be a fix for this anytime soon?

It seems to work correctly for users that have the correct settings and equipment.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 12, 2022 4:57 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I have it set up as the post you linked suggests. The flashing still occurs intermittently when viewing Dolby Vision content. The issue is not present when viewing HDR10, other streaming boxes, or the TVs internal applications.

The issue seems to have started after the release of TV OS 14.7, as I did not experience the dark areas flashing issue Behr that date.

Many other users, using the same settings have also reported the issue on Apple Discussions, Reddit, and AVS Forums

Dolby Vision flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.