Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Widgets Screen ios15

Hi Folks

Recently installed ios15 on my ipad.

When i swipe right from home screen i can see my widgets, but they all appear in just 1 column. I cant seem to move them around to fill up the space.

wondering if there is away to display these widgets in more then one column on this particular screen

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Richard

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 3:48 AM

You can learn about adding Widgets to both your Home Screen - and Today view - here:

Add widgets on iPad – Apple Support

Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

Having updated to iPadOS15, you would be well advised to review the iPad User Guide - as this comprehensive source of information about your iPad and iPadOS is often overlooked. The User Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

With iPadOS15, you are now able to freely position widgets on any of the Home Screens - but you have lost the perhaps familiar “compact” first Home Screen layout that shows a compressed 5x6 grid of App/Folder icons and Today view in Landscape screen orientation. 

Widgets placed on a Home Screen now individually occupy one or more elements of a 4x6 icon grid. Home Screens without Widgets retain the familiar 5x6 icon grid. The slide-over Today View, previously seen in Portrait screen orientation from the first Home Screen, is still present - and is now also seen in Landscape. However, slide-over does not incorporate the Time and Time panel. For iPad mini, the available grid has fewer grid elements.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 3:48 AM in response to cyberlocks

You can learn about adding Widgets to both your Home Screen - and Today view - here:

Add widgets on iPad – Apple Support

Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

Having updated to iPadOS15, you would be well advised to review the iPad User Guide - as this comprehensive source of information about your iPad and iPadOS is often overlooked. The User Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

With iPadOS15, you are now able to freely position widgets on any of the Home Screens - but you have lost the perhaps familiar “compact” first Home Screen layout that shows a compressed 5x6 grid of App/Folder icons and Today view in Landscape screen orientation. 

Widgets placed on a Home Screen now individually occupy one or more elements of a 4x6 icon grid. Home Screens without Widgets retain the familiar 5x6 icon grid. The slide-over Today View, previously seen in Portrait screen orientation from the first Home Screen, is still present - and is now also seen in Landscape. However, slide-over does not incorporate the Time and Time panel. For iPad mini, the available grid has fewer grid elements.

Widgets Screen ios15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.