Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi i have a late 2013 imac running High Sierra 10.13.6 . what software update can i update to

hi i have a late 2013 imac running High Sierra 10.13.6 . what software update can i update to ? thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 3:53 AM

4 replies

Jan 12, 2022 4:33 AM in response to hudson_gary

To start, you need an external hard drive. Here’s an excellent one sold by Apple: G-Technology 4TB G-DRIVE mobile USB-C Portable Hard Drive - Apple. You can then follow the steps in this Apple Support article to setup your Time Machine backup: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support. Also, moving forward, I recommend that you use iCloud in addition to Time Machine to sync all your files and photos to all your Apple devices. Although iCloud is not a "true" backup service, iCloud can also act as an emergency off-site backup, but this is why iCloud should be used in addition to Time Machine. Here are some resources on setting up iCloud for Mac:

After you setup iCloud, turn off "Optimize Mac Storage" in System Preferences > Apple ID/iCloud. That way, all changes made to files in iCloud are also backed up to Time Machine. If you have this setting on due to a limited amount of storage on your Mac, that is fine. Just know changes won't be backed up to Time Machine, only iCloud.

Jack

hi i have a late 2013 imac running High Sierra 10.13.6 . what software update can i update to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.