Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is in the Other category in my Macbook Pro storage?

Trying to install MacOS Monterey with insufficient space on my Mac Book Pro, a review of storage shows 59GB used int he Other category with no means of identifying what it is or deleting. it

How do i ascertain the content of the Other folder?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 5:58 AM

Apple describes "Other" in the support document See used and available storage space on your Mac

• Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 5:58 AM in response to tolu237

Apple describes "Other" in the support document See used and available storage space on your Mac

• Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

What is in the Other category in my Macbook Pro storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.