Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dust around iPhone 11 flashlight

I have noticed dust around the flashlight itself, a dust ring around the flashlight itself. I tried cleaning it with alcohol or with a polishing cloth but it doesn’t seem to clean anything. Does anybody know how to clean it or should I go for a repair?

Here’s an image of what I mean by dust:

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 8:00 AM

Hello YoussefAshraf,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are trying to clean the dust from around your rear facing flash. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

Here is a resource that can help.

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

"Apple products are made with a variety of materials, and each material might have specific cleaning requirements. To get started, here are some tips that apply to all products:

• Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, or similar items. 
  • Avoid excessive wiping, which might cause damage. 
  • Unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
  • Keep liquids away from the product, unless otherwise noted for specific products.
  • Don't get moisture into any openings.
  • Don't use aerosol sprays, bleaches, or abrasives.
  • Don't spray cleaners directly onto the item."

If you are unable to clean the flash using the methods above, you do have the option to set up an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider appointment. Please note that service may be limited at this time due to COVID-19.

Apple - Find Locations

Cheers!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 8:00 AM in response to YoussefAshraf

Hello YoussefAshraf,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are trying to clean the dust from around your rear facing flash. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

Here is a resource that can help.

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

"Apple products are made with a variety of materials, and each material might have specific cleaning requirements. To get started, here are some tips that apply to all products:

• Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, or similar items. 
  • Avoid excessive wiping, which might cause damage. 
  • Unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
  • Keep liquids away from the product, unless otherwise noted for specific products.
  • Don't get moisture into any openings.
  • Don't use aerosol sprays, bleaches, or abrasives.
  • Don't spray cleaners directly onto the item."

If you are unable to clean the flash using the methods above, you do have the option to set up an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider appointment. Please note that service may be limited at this time due to COVID-19.

Apple - Find Locations

Cheers!

Mar 23, 2022 7:08 AM in response to YoussefAshraf

I have noticed this on the first week with my iPhone 13 mini. I can sort of see that there is a gap between the flash diffusion lens and the glass camera bump. I even attempted to insert a very thin elastic piece of plastic to go round and scrape out the dust, but no luck. It looks bad and It's a ridiculous design flaw for a phone I paid over 800€ for.

Dust around iPhone 11 flashlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.