Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac has Big Sur now and is not working. I tried to delete it and think that I destroyed my Mac Help?

My Mac is not accessing anything now. Message: ? (Blinking)? at screen bottom support.apple.com/mac/startup. Please help me startup my MAC.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 5:57 AM

How did you try to delete it? You can't delete the operating system without rendering your computer useless as you have discovered.

Without taking it somewhere, your only hope is that Internet Recovery will connect.

Restart your Mac and hold down cmd-opt-r.

I spinning Globe should appear where the Apple normally does. It may ask you to connect to a network. Choose a WiFi network or plug in an Ethernet cable to get to the Internet.

If you get a failure code, then you can try restarting your Modem and Router.

If you get into Internet Recovery, you can Reinstall macOS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 5:57 AM in response to Larry1224

How did you try to delete it? You can't delete the operating system without rendering your computer useless as you have discovered.

Without taking it somewhere, your only hope is that Internet Recovery will connect.

Restart your Mac and hold down cmd-opt-r.

I spinning Globe should appear where the Apple normally does. It may ask you to connect to a network. Choose a WiFi network or plug in an Ethernet cable to get to the Internet.

If you get a failure code, then you can try restarting your Modem and Router.

If you get into Internet Recovery, you can Reinstall macOS.

My Mac has Big Sur now and is not working. I tried to delete it and think that I destroyed my Mac Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.