Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod intercom

Hi. Does various HomePods need to be under the same home from a specific member to allow intercom to work across the devices? Our have been setup with each family members account however the Homepods cannot “find” one another.

HomePod mini

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 9:51 AM

From the article:

To choose when your device receives Intercom notifications, select which members of your Home have access to Intercom, and choose which HomePod speakers use Intercom:

I suspect Apple's intent is that all devices in a physical home are are added to the same Home, and thus attached to one Apple ID. The other users need to be joined to the Home so they can activate Intercom. See Share control of your home - Apple Support. Alternatively you each try inviting the others to join the Homes that you have created, but I can see that it could get complicated.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 9:51 AM in response to valinfrompretoria

From the article:

To choose when your device receives Intercom notifications, select which members of your Home have access to Intercom, and choose which HomePod speakers use Intercom:

I suspect Apple's intent is that all devices in a physical home are are added to the same Home, and thus attached to one Apple ID. The other users need to be joined to the Home so they can activate Intercom. See Share control of your home - Apple Support. Alternatively you each try inviting the others to join the Homes that you have created, but I can see that it could get complicated.

tt2

HomePod intercom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.