Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPad still in the box

My iPad was stolen out of my apartment. It was brand new and not activated. Is there any way to trace it. I have a picture of all the numbers.

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 10:09 AM

Unless the iPad was set-up and associated with your AppleID, there are no technical means by which an iPad can be tracked or traced. You should, or course, ensure that you report the incident to your local Police department.

For information, here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

You should note that Apple are unable to assist with locating lost or stolen devices. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 10:09 AM in response to StoleniPads

Unless the iPad was set-up and associated with your AppleID, there are no technical means by which an iPad can be tracked or traced. You should, or course, ensure that you report the incident to your local Police department.

For information, here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

You should note that Apple are unable to assist with locating lost or stolen devices. 

Stolen iPad still in the box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.