Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purple-Pink screen

My Apple TV 4K is occasionally booting with a purple-pink screen as others reported. The TV is Samsungs flagship Q9 teamed with the latest Bose soundbar and using AudioQuest Pearl (48gbps rated up to 10k use) run from the Apple TV to the Bose and then another from the Bose to the OneConnect box for Samsung. I got frustrated with it and got the latest Apple TV 4K 2nd gen 64GB as I read they are better than the 1st gen. I did all the updates and I get the same result with the new one. I have another Samsung QN900A with the same wires and soundbar and it doesn't do this.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 10:22 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 13, 2022 11:04 AM in response to TimDunham

Hello TimDunham,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, your TV will boot to a purple-pink screen occasionally. We'll do what we can to help.

If it's just a specific TV, does it have more than one HDMI port? If so, does changing it help?

If you are using the One Connect box, does plugging the Apple TV directly to the TV change anything?

You mentioned updating your Apple TV, but did you also update the Samsun TV (if it's applicable)?

Thanks, and kind regards.

Purple-Pink screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.