Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to Sync playlist from MacOS to iOS devices

When I make and edit my playlists (NOT Smart Playlists), I generally do it on my iMac because it's easier. But if I delete songs from a playlist, the deletion is not then carried over to my iPhone 12. But if I attempt to delete songs on the iPhone - then the version of the playlist will sync back to the iMac.

I would assume it is supposed to go both ways.

Help!!!

iMac 24″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 11:44 AM

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. If syncing is set up then changes are supposed to go both ways.

tt2

3 replies

Jan 12, 2022 12:02 PM in response to turingtest2

The magic word in your helpful answer is "supposed". The changes - basically deleting songs - will work if done on the iOS devices to the iMac but not the other way. But I have a playlist called "Steve's Live" where I put various live albums from different Genres. And the songs I added recently to that playlist - again the addition was done on my iMac - were reflected on the iOS devices. Weird

Is it possible to Sync playlist from MacOS to iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.