Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating my browser

i use an 8-year-old iPad. It uses the latest software: 15.2.1. I keep getting notices from Chase Bank that I need to “Update my browser,” which is Safari

.right? Doesn’t Apple periodically update Safari? I sure don't know how to update it. So what should I do to “update my browser” and get Chase to stop sending me these notices? It’s very annoying!

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 1:12 PM

Well, I had asked for the A number, but that is alright, I was able to retrieve it. That appears to be an A1670, iPad Pro 12.9, 2017 model, so not 8 years old. But, as I said in my original post, Safari is part of iPadOS, so if you have iPadOS 15.2.1, then you have the latest version of Safari, so I have no idea why Chase is telling you to update it. I would contact them for clarification.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 1:12 PM in response to Bobbythecomputerdummy

Well, I had asked for the A number, but that is alright, I was able to retrieve it. That appears to be an A1670, iPad Pro 12.9, 2017 model, so not 8 years old. But, as I said in my original post, Safari is part of iPadOS, so if you have iPadOS 15.2.1, then you have the latest version of Safari, so I have no idea why Chase is telling you to update it. I would contact them for clarification.

Jan 12, 2022 12:28 PM in response to Bobbythecomputerdummy

What model number iPad do you have. Seems interesting to say that your iPad is 8 years old and has the latest iOS. Check Settings>General>About>Model, and tap on it to get it to A#### number and report that. Safari is an integral part of iOS or iPadOS and updates with the iOS or iPadOS and if you have the latest iOS, then you have the latest version of iOS. That is why I question which iOS you are using.

Jan 12, 2022 12:54 PM in response to Bobbythecomputerdummy

I agree with ChrisJ4203.

You are giving us some erroneous iPad hardware information.

An 8-year old iPad cannot run any of the latest versions of iPadOS.

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in very small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad” on the back of the iPad.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Please try to make an attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

Updating my browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.