Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I export contacts with birthdays? Specifically, I would like to export to a csv which shows birthdays.

How do I export contacts with birthdays? Specifically, I would like to export to a csv which shows birthdays.

I need to send a large list of contacts, with addresses and birthdays (saved in contacts) to someone. The VCard and CSV files don't show the birthdays.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 12:58 PM

Create an Automator Workflow as depicted below:

On the second action, change the export format to Spreadsheet (tabs) and check all the boxes you want included.

Combine Names joins first and last names. Select if you want.

Select all the contacts you want exported, then click the Run button.

TextEdit should open with the exported information.

First, find any commas in the export (if any), and surround that data for that field with " ".

Use find and replace to replace the tabs with commas.

Save the document as plain text (Format menu > Make Plain Text) with a .csv extension.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 12:58 PM in response to jtrav247

Create an Automator Workflow as depicted below:

On the second action, change the export format to Spreadsheet (tabs) and check all the boxes you want included.

Combine Names joins first and last names. Select if you want.

Select all the contacts you want exported, then click the Run button.

TextEdit should open with the exported information.

First, find any commas in the export (if any), and surround that data for that field with " ".

Use find and replace to replace the tabs with commas.

Save the document as plain text (Format menu > Make Plain Text) with a .csv extension.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.