Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mechanical "Silent" switch on side of iPhone 12 Pro Max constantly moves..

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with an Apple Mag Safe silicone case. I use my phone for work and several times thru the day I'm missing calls. I have discovered that the "ring/silent" switch on the side will very easily move from "ring" to "silent". I don't have anything in my pocket except for the phone. I had an 11 ProMax before this phone and never had this issue. I do notice that at times, the Apple silicone case tends to come off the phone on the corners. Anyone else have similar issues? Maybe I should try a different case.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 1:02 PM

Hello capsell,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues with your case coming off at the corner and your iPhone ring/silent switch being toggled.

It sounds like the ring/silent switch issue may be occurring due to the case coming off. It may be best to try another case and see if the same occurs. If this only happens with the MagSafe silicone case, contact Apple Support for assistance. You can reach out from Get Support or using the direct phone number for your region from Contact Apple for support and service.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 1:02 PM in response to capsell

Hello capsell,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues with your case coming off at the corner and your iPhone ring/silent switch being toggled.

It sounds like the ring/silent switch issue may be occurring due to the case coming off. It may be best to try another case and see if the same occurs. If this only happens with the MagSafe silicone case, contact Apple Support for assistance. You can reach out from Get Support or using the direct phone number for your region from Contact Apple for support and service.

Take care.

Mechanical "Silent" switch on side of iPhone 12 Pro Max constantly moves..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.