Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts are not transferring to my née phone with my sim card

My old phone got damaged and I can transfer my contacts, pics and etc to my née phone. I tried by importing contacts by SIM card and nothing happens

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 6:24 PM

iPhones do not store contacts (or any other user data) on the SIM card. You cannot transfer contacts from one iPhone to another by using the SIM card.

If your old phone was not an iPhone and if your old phone stored contacts on the SIM card, you may be able to import them to an iPhone as described in Import contacts from your SIM card to your iPhone - Apple Support

If you had a backup of an old iPhone you can use that to set up the new one. See: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Or if you had photos and/or contacts or other data synced to iCloud, they will sync to the new phone if you turn the iCloud options on. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 6:24 PM in response to cczahn

iPhones do not store contacts (or any other user data) on the SIM card. You cannot transfer contacts from one iPhone to another by using the SIM card.

If your old phone was not an iPhone and if your old phone stored contacts on the SIM card, you may be able to import them to an iPhone as described in Import contacts from your SIM card to your iPhone - Apple Support

If you had a backup of an old iPhone you can use that to set up the new one. See: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Or if you had photos and/or contacts or other data synced to iCloud, they will sync to the new phone if you turn the iCloud options on. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

My contacts are not transferring to my née phone with my sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.