Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After macOS Monterey update I can't access or create Word files

After updating my MacBook pro 2017 to the newest Monterey update, I know longer can access my word files, create new ones, how can I fix this? It acts like I do not have a word account.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:15 PM

8 replies

Feb 10, 2022 11:52 AM in response to Moseleyshopper

That's correct. However, depending on how dependent you are to MS Office there are a couple of free, open-source alternative apps, LibreOffice and SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018, that can open, edit and save MS Office files to the MS Office format or their own format.

Otherwise, as you've already been informed, you'll have to get a new 64 bit version of MS Office or the Office 365 subscription version.

Feb 2, 2022 11:09 AM in response to Moseleyshopper

Microsoft Office 2012 for Mac OS has not been supported on later releases of MacOS since MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra). So yes, if you wish to continue to use Microsoft Office, you will have to purchase Office365.

Here's where you can purchase it from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/buy/microsoft-365

Note: You can buy a one-time perpetual license for one computer that is not a subscription price. It's at the bottom of the site page from the link above. Looks like it's $249 and you'd never have to pay again.

The subscription portion is cheaper up front, and it allows you to install it on up to five computers, including mobile devices.

Feb 8, 2022 12:53 PM in response to GigiKgo

The "standard" Microsoft Office365 allows one to install MS365 on up to 6 PC's. That is $99/yr.

The one-license "personal" version only allows 1 computer. That is $69.99/yr.

So determine which one is yours. If it's the $99/yr subscription, yes you can download/install MSO365 and just enter your husband's credentials when you have to activate it and you're good to go.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products

After macOS Monterey update I can't access or create Word files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.