Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP. My iPhone has locked itself in lost mode with a passcode from a long time ago...

A few months ago, I lost my phone and put it in lost mode from a computer. A day later, I found it (noting that it was strange that the phone didn't seem to be in lost mode). Three weeks ago, somehow it finally connected to iCloud or something and went into lost mode. When I turned the mode off from a computer, the phone became locked with a passcode from over a year ago. My phone has been "passcode free" for over a year, so I have no idea what my passcode once was. To top it off, I'm a broke college student and have been too cheap to buy iCloud storage so all my stuff will be gone if I factory reset it.

My phone locked itself two days before my sister died from suicide over the holidays. I am not one to appeal to people's emotions for an intended outcome, but I am desperate. I am literally begging anybody for help. Is there anyway to fix this without erasing all my phone's content?

• Can I somehow bypass the passcode with some software in a non-destructive way?
  • Can I take it to anyone to have it fixed?
  • Can I buy iCloud storage from another device and some how back up my phone content and then factory reset it?

I know my Apple ID password, just not my phone's old/new passcode. I am very willing to pay a lot to get my phone's content saved if it needs to be factory reset.

Those who have read this and try to help, you have my sincerest appreciation and gratitude.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 11:09 PM

Turn off Mark As Lost on a device

When you find your lost device, turn off Mark As Lost.

1. In the Find My app  on your Mac, click Devices.
  2. In the Devices list, select the device you marked as lost, then click the Info button  on the map.
  3. Under Mark As Lost, click Pending.
  4. Click Turn Off Mark As Lost.
  5. Click Turn Off to confirm.

You can also turn off Mark As Lost from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch by entering the device’s passcode (the one you use to unlock your device).

Note: You can’t turn off Mark As Lost remotely from another Mac. You can only turn it off directly on the Mac that you marked as lost — by entering the numeric passcode you set up when you marked your Mac as lost.

If you forget your device passcode, you can recover it using Find My iPhone on iCloud.com. See Use Lost Mode in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com in the iCloud User Guide.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 11:09 PM in response to KamryC

Turn off Mark As Lost on a device

When you find your lost device, turn off Mark As Lost.

1. In the Find My app  on your Mac, click Devices.
  2. In the Devices list, select the device you marked as lost, then click the Info button  on the map.
  3. Under Mark As Lost, click Pending.
  4. Click Turn Off Mark As Lost.
  5. Click Turn Off to confirm.

You can also turn off Mark As Lost from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch by entering the device’s passcode (the one you use to unlock your device).

Note: You can’t turn off Mark As Lost remotely from another Mac. You can only turn it off directly on the Mac that you marked as lost — by entering the numeric passcode you set up when you marked your Mac as lost.

If you forget your device passcode, you can recover it using Find My iPhone on iCloud.com. See Use Lost Mode in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com in the iCloud User Guide.

Jan 15, 2022 5:07 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you so, so much for your quick response!! I've tried doing steps 1-5 and the problem is that after step 5, my phone is locked with the device passcode it had before I switched it to being passcode free (which I can't remember because it was about a year ago).

How can you recover your device passcode with Find My iPhone on iCloud.com? I clicked the second link you included to see if I could get more information, but it just led to a page that said, "The page you're looking for can't be found."

I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for your help good sir. Even if I'm not able to fix my phone, I so appreciate your assistance. Thank you

HELP. My iPhone has locked itself in lost mode with a passcode from a long time ago...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.