Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use airplay to mirror frim my iphone to my smart tv?

My Samsung smart tv does not have the Airplay built into settings. Is there any other way to use airplay from my iPone 13 to my tv? I see there is an Apple tv app for the smart tv, but I did not see any setting where I could use airplay.

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 7:11 AM

10 replies

Jan 13, 2022 2:56 PM in response to retiredmailwoman

List of AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs - Apple

[…]
Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018)
Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019, 2020)
Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
Samsung Serif Series (2019, 2020)
Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
[…]

AirPlay is not an app among the other entertainment apps. AirPlay on supported smart TVs is build-in from the factory, and has settings among the general TV settings: Settings﹥General﹥Apple AirPlay Settings﹥AirPlay﹥On|Off

How to stream from an iPhone using AirPlay 2 - Samsung Support

- AirPlay 2 compatible Samsung TVs and smart monitors (list)
- Share media to your TV and smart monitor with AirPlay 2 (how to)
- Change AirPlay 2 settings on your TV and smart monitor (options)

Jan 31, 2022 3:53 PM in response to retiredmailwoman

Samsung Support is horrible. I was on chat for about two hours today with this same issue. Their support knows nothing. What they do is look up your issue (I guess assuming that you are too stupid to do it yourself) and then they give you an article or the manual with the "relevant" page number but I found that they were grasping at straws and just picking out things at random, not even addressing my issue. I was then shuttled to a different "department" and then transferred again, lo and behold to the first person with whom I was dealing. They, of course, make an attempt to convince you that it's Apple's issue. To get to your issue, what model year is your TV? If it is 2017 or earlier, your TV would not be supported. I found this out on my own through research. My Frame TV is late 2017 and it seems that only 2018 and later models are supported. I'm pretty sure that Samsung could address this by way of a software upgrade but I guess they can't be bothered. Forget about their SmartThings app. You cannot use it to mirror from an iPhone. I'm totally disgusted with Samsung. Their support people have absolutely no product knowledge. So I have just hooked up an Apple TV for streaming/mirroring purposes. You can do a search for your TV to see if it is compatible but if the AirPlay setting in "General" is not on your TV set, assume that it is not supported.

How can I use airplay to mirror frim my iphone to my smart tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.