Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently got new iphone 13 Had to do an icloud backup nnow icloud full can i remove the backup and how do I do i

I recently got new iphone 13 Had to do an icloud backup now icloud full. can i remove the backup and how do I do it?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 9:55 AM

You can remove the old backup, however how are you going to be backing up your iPhone so you can restore your data if you experience a problem? You also have the option to increase your iCloud storage to make sure you have the ability to backup your device daily. See this, Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

But to answer your direct question, how to delete a backup in iCloud, on your iPhone open Settings><your name>iCloud. You will see a graphic of your iCloud storage and directly beneath that is Manage Storage. Tap on that, on the next page you will find Backups. It will show you what backups you have. Tap on the backup in question, then tap Delete Backup if you wish to delete it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 9:55 AM in response to kendzimi

You can remove the old backup, however how are you going to be backing up your iPhone so you can restore your data if you experience a problem? You also have the option to increase your iCloud storage to make sure you have the ability to backup your device daily. See this, Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

But to answer your direct question, how to delete a backup in iCloud, on your iPhone open Settings><your name>iCloud. You will see a graphic of your iCloud storage and directly beneath that is Manage Storage. Tap on that, on the next page you will find Backups. It will show you what backups you have. Tap on the backup in question, then tap Delete Backup if you wish to delete it.

I recently got new iphone 13 Had to do an icloud backup nnow icloud full can i remove the backup and how do I do i

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.