Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Number on iMessage and Facetime

I can't seem to get my iMessages and Facetime to go through my number. I recently got a new iPhone and kept my old number but it took a while to load up with the phone, and so my iMessages and Facetime run off a number I do not use and have managed to get "rid" of the number from the 'Name, Phone Number, Email' section but it still shows up as options in the Messages and Facetime tabs in Setting.

How do I get my old phone number reconnected to my iMessages and Facetime and how do I properly get rid of my non-use phone number from my apple iD?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 4:07 PM

jeri213 wrote:

I can't seem to get my iMessages and Facetime to go through my number. I recently got a new iPhone and kept my old number but it took a while to load up with the phone, and so my iMessages and Facetime run off a number I do not use and have managed to get "rid" of the number from the 'Name, Phone Number, Email' section but it still shows up as options in the Messages and Facetime tabs in Setting.
How do I get my old phone number reconnected to my iMessages and Facetime and how do I properly get rid of my non-use phone number from my apple iD?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 4:07 PM in response to jeri213

jeri213 wrote:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349

Number on iMessage and Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.