Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waterproof

Hello,

My name is Khrystyna. I have used Iphone Xs for 3 weeks and in one moment Face id stopped working. Than I recognized that my front, rear cameras and light stopped working too. In the shop, where I bought this Iphone, seller told me that the reason of breakdown is water that got into the camera through the speaker. Is it possible? Because I read about waterproof in this Iphone. Moreover, I was very careful in using phone and I used it far from water. I don`t understand what happend. Is it normal for that Iphone? Or the seller lies? Waiting for answer.

Best regards,

Khrystyna

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 4:54 PM

Hello ~ iPhones are water resistant and not waterproof. Take a look here:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered ...

~Katana-San~

4 replies

Jan 13, 2022 10:18 PM in response to khrystyna97

A lot of things could happen, including steam from a bathroom shower or possibly even rain getting in. There are a lot of variables involved including how intact the seals are, since they can break down over time.

There's certainly been criticism of several device manufacturers that advertised a water resistance specification but have expressed warranty terms that water damage isn't covered. And not just Apple. I'll just leave it at that.

Waterproof

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.