Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does updating iPhone hurt battery in the long run

I’m always hesitant about updating my 13 Pro because every time you update it it adds more stuff and the phone has to process more stuff which uses more power which leads to bad battery life in a long run so I was wondering. Does updating the iPhone hurt the battery in the long run and should I just leave it or even downgrade it to iOS 14 or 15 or should I not worry about it because this is how it goes with older phones to I think.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 8:45 PM

A lot of updates might result in bookkeeping tasks being run for a short period. But long term it's really needed for all sorts of reasons - especially security updates. And of course it's a complicated product with a ton of software, and sometimes not everything is anticipated.

3 replies

Jan 13, 2022 8:22 PM in response to Connorflippin

Connorflippin Said:

"Does updating iPhone hurt battery in the long run: I’m always hesitant about updating my 13 Pro because every time you update it it adds more stuff and the phone has to process more stuff which uses more power which leads to bad battery life in a long run so I was wondering.[...]"

-------

Based on Personal Experience:

It Might (Due to a Corrupt Install):

A pure reason to get AppleCare+ with your iPhone. My Mac failed 11 times after the High Sierra Upgrade. Thank goodness I had AppleCare+ with it. So, you might want to consider the same. You have 60 days to purchase it form the date your get it in the mail or at the store. Go here for more: AppleCare Products - Apple Support

Does updating iPhone hurt battery in the long run

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.