Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connector for old iphone to new macbook

I have an Iphone 6 plus and just purchased a new macbook14 ". My phone will not connect with this thunderbolt 4 port and I cannot figure out what I need to buy to fix this. Does anybody out there know?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 7:48 PM

What you will need is a Lightning to USB-C cable. This cable will connect your iPhone 6 Plus to your MacBook’s thunderbolt port. Here is an example of that cable ➡️ Lightning to USB-C Cable on Amazon. See image below:

Axel F.

4 replies

Jan 13, 2022 10:35 PM in response to Cruiseward

Just to add that the USB-C to Lightning cable should work, but if you wish to use your existing USB-A to Lightning cables, you can also use a USB-C to USB-A hub (these are quite common) or a USB-C male to USB-A female adapter. I have several of these from different manufacturers, but these are my favorite because they're cheap if you can find them. Not sure if you're in a country (or even area) with Daiso stores, but this one is only $1.50 plus tax in the United States. The 10-pack is for online sales, but they sell them invidiually in stores for $1.50.

https://www.daisojapan.com/p-40640-usb-to-type-c-adapter-3-assort-04-x-1-in-10pks.aspx

Connector for old iphone to new macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.