Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple unveils the new iMac with M4, supercharged by Apple Intelligence and available in fresh colors. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random "blongblongblongblongblongblong" sound (error sound) over and over

Hi, my 2020 MacBook Air seems to make this random error sound over and over (my error sound is Heroine). Could this mean malware, internal keyboard issues, so on and so forth?

P.S: I also recently updated to MacOS Monetary.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:41 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 14, 2022 8:24 AM in response to SuperSonicGamer

did you try to start it in safe mode to see if it persists?

Apple silicon

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
  3. Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
  4. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.

Jan 17, 2022 7:20 AM in response to SuperSonicGamer

is this solved? I faced the same issue. Not sure is hardware issue or software.

It seems like my MacBook is keep pressing "down" arrow key.

I tried restart when the sound is happen at the very first time, and then it seems like OK after restart.

However, it happen again on the next day, I tried to blow at the "down" arrow key and it seems like stop coincidentally, but this method did work for the third time happening.

So I'm really not sure is hardware or software issue.

Feb 6, 2022 12:12 PM in response to JimmyChew

JimmyChew wrote:

I found out that it only happen when I connect to a type C hub. The type c hub is connected to External Display, KeyBoard and Mouse. I'm not sure which devices causes it, maybe I can try to unplug one by one when it happen again. But, It working well without the type C hub connected, so far I did not faced the issue when I unplug the type C hub.

It may be the USB-C hub itself. Or it may be a compatibility issue with one or more devices and this USB-C hub.

It may just be a power related issue where this hub and its connected devices are using too much power. Usually it is best to use a powered USB hub.

Random "blongblongblongblongblongblong" sound (error sound) over and over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.