Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to find out why my photos did not transfer from the icloud to my new iphone

I need to find out why my photos did not transfer from the icloud to my new iphone

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:35 PM

If your items were deleted, they would appear in the Recently Deleted album; you can recover from there. But, I'm not sure what you mean when you say your old phone "says they were recently deleted." What is the exact message?

If you didn't have iCloud photos enabled on the old phone, then none of those pictures would be in iCloud either.

No, nothing is stored on the SIM card

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 12:35 PM in response to felice129

If your items were deleted, they would appear in the Recently Deleted album; you can recover from there. But, I'm not sure what you mean when you say your old phone "says they were recently deleted." What is the exact message?

If you didn't have iCloud photos enabled on the old phone, then none of those pictures would be in iCloud either.

No, nothing is stored on the SIM card

Jan 16, 2022 11:35 AM in response to muguy

OK, they are gone! BUT I had copied many of them on my actual PC so most aren't gone completely. Actually, the iCloud backup was not enabled on my old phone, so when I set up my new 13, of course no photos were transferred because they weren't on the iCloud. Thanks for steering me into where to look and why! (You were dealing with an ol' lady who isn't all that savvy! But I'm learning!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.